Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Secret # 30 - PC Gal

IBM PC with green monochrome display.Image via Wikipedia

That's right. I'm a PC. In my silly, outdated corduroy jacket and my spectacles. I don't care. Because at the very heart of it, I am also very cheap frugal.

I can't stand spending more money when I can get a very comparable machine for much less moooolah. And actually, I figure I can get so much more for what I drop on a PC than I can with a Mac.

Now, I am a brand-y kind of girl. Got turned on to Dell a while back, and have not regretted one time the purchases I have made with that company. They have been stellar at fixing my issues, when I have them, and they have an option that entails getting to speak to someone here on my side of the pond when things go wonky. I really like that feature. There is nothing more frustrating than having an issue of any kind and not being able to understand the person who is supposed to be helping you. It makes me I'm-going-postal-kind-of-crazy.

Lest you think me completely ignorant, I do covet one thing that Steve Jobs has promoted and that is the iPhone. ooooooh - Waaaaaaant! But I digress... (Straightens corduroy jacket, pushes glasses up, fiddles with tie...)

I am not enthralled with Macs. I think that they are cool. They have some neat colors. (I haven't looked to see if there is a purple model - I dare not...) I can't bear the thought of spending two times the amount for half the machine... I just can't. I know... My Bro thinks I am absolutely outdated and very unhip. He is, of course, correct. No doubt. I am also stubborn. (Shocker!)

So in this ultra cool bloggy world, I will be an outcast with my P&S Canon and my Dell PC. I'm ok with that. (Pushes glasses back onto nose with a sniff...) I can only hope that someday I will surpass the assumptions of the Mac-a-philes toward us PC users.

I will consider it my job as an abassador of peace... Can't we all just get along?

* * *


And that, my friends, is the end of my 30 Secrets in 30 days. Thanks Spudballoo. I couldn't do it justice in the way you did. I had fun, though. I learned some things about myself... I am sure you all know way too much about me now as well! I only hope I kept you reading.

On to a new project and some wonderfully random thoughts...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin