Friday, August 7, 2009

Secret #25 - Procrastinatrix

Hold on... I have this thing I am doing. I will be right with you... Oh, it has to be done right now? Ok... Almost there -

That's me. I wait until the last minute. A lot. I seem to just work in a constant state of urgency. I believe there is a philosopher (or maybe just a self-help guru) that once coined the phrase "tyranny of the urgent". I live there. In urgent land. Hiding behind the doorway, gleening just one last minute before you absolutely have to have that thing you have been waiting on - that thing I have been promising you.

It isn't always a room with a view. In fact, I don't like this part of my personality at all. I would rather be that person that has it all together, organized and ready to move at a moment's notice. Um, no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks! I am just not that chick, no matter how I try.

Now, I could try to tell you that I am just so busy with all three biz's that I just run out of time. Some of that might be true and legit. The fact is, however, that I have been this way from the time I began managing any kind of schedule I might have. Just the facts. I cannot deny the truth.

I am a procrastinator. Or maybe I have a syndrome. I could research that on the web. Tomorrow. Or maybe Friday, I have appointments tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I was going to comment on this ages ago but got busy with other things....I'm also a total procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin