Saturday, August 8, 2009

Secret # 26 - Ahhhhchooooo!

Whew!Image via Wikipedia

Excuse me! Whew! Hold on.... I feel another sneeze coming on...

(A brief aside for those who don't know me personally: I live on a horse ranch. I am married to a horse trainer. I spend a lot of my time in a barn filled with horses and hay and dust. I walk amid fields of waist tall grass to get to my home. I truly love my life!)

I am allergic. Allergic to dust, grass, alfalfa and horses (on occasion). All things I am exposed to on a regular basis. Daily, as a matter of a fact.

When you see me with my swollen eyes and my stuffy sounding voice, know that I married for love. Deep, uncontrollable, inexplicable love.

Pardon... I need to take this little white pill. It seems to help. Most of the time.

I cannot even be in the barn when they feed the horses. I am that allergic to hay. If I sit in the dust too long, I will have an asthma attack to beat all. I have to be very careful about touching those beautiful horses during their sheds... Otherwise, like the response to hay or alfalfa, I will be covered with little red welts.

What was I thinking you ask? I wasn't. I was in love. I figured I would just buy Benadryl in bulk and hope that I "grew out of it." I did not. I grew into it, actually. Found I was allergic to even more, but I digress...

I do love my life, and if that means that I take an allergy pill to truly enjoy it - so be it. I'm ok with that.

Ahhhhh, ahhhhh, ahhhhhh....

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin