Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

As I have mentioned before, there is nothing like driving up ones own driveway after being gone on a wonderfully fulfilling trip! I am so blessed to have been afforded the time to visit with my family, both in-laws and blood relatives. I am still mulling over the sweetness of that time together (and formulating some "favorite simple things" for Christina's roster tomorrow...) as I sip a glass of wine and wait for Hubby to return home from the vets... Again.


Bekki's cottage style home, 3 blocks from Lake Pontchartrain
I miss my sister and her sense of humor. I don't miss the humidity and the high temps... Definitely a Colorado gal! But I love my sister's house and the incredible stuff we were able to see. I love the way she is always so organized and also so very laid back. Anything goes and nothing at a terribly fast pace... She has adapted well to southern life. I admire that!


I also miss my sister-in-law! She and I were fast friends and partners in crime! The best going-out-girlfriend EVER! She can always keep a secret and she is absolutely a treasured friend! I am also stoked (if that isn't too lame a term to use any more...) that she will be here sometime on Thursday! I might be able to sneak in a night out with her loveliness! Yay!

The kids under a Live Oak at the Lake shore


The kids loved the entire experience, although two days travel home were a trial for all! UGH! I wish that I could have somehow found the stamina to do it all in one day, but a 20 hour trip just isn't in my repertoire! Maybe earlier on in my youth... But then again, maybe not. I was always one to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin