Friday, May 29, 2009

Skeletons in my closet...

Can't remember where I saw this post... But thanks to whoever did it... Think it was Extranjera.
  • I watch two movies when I need a pick me up. No judging here... Fried Green Tomatoes and When Harry Met Sally. I love to shout "Tawanda!" at the top of my lungs when I am frustrated - very liberating! I also find the cafe scene with Meg screaming out her ecstasy incredibly funny! Makes me laugh out loud every time. In part, because it is so over the top and because it is so very, very, VERY true!
  • I am secretly jealous of my best friend's horse. She knows how I feel, mostly. But still, I wish he was mine... I haven't felt that way about a horse in a very long time and I am reticent to explore what that would mean for me again. So I just watch and truly wish her the very best in her career with him.
  • I was once a Hooter's girl. Now THAT'S a skeleton, people! Yes, I wore those ridiculous shorts and shirts. No, I was not particularly buxom. Yes, I could probably still pour beer and hula-hoop at the same time. (You can quit rolling your eyes now!)
  • I am addicted to office supply stores. I don't HAVE to buy anything. I just enjoy walking up and down each aisle... Even the packaging supplies. It is a sickness that I am hoping they do not find a cure for. I could also buy pens until I was bankrupt. There is NOTHING like a good pen... Or a stick pen... Or a free pen. Like I said, it's a sickness!
  • I love purple. I have often purchased things that I didn't really need just because they are purple. I don't know if I look good in the color, but I have friends that are kind enough that they don't tell me either way. I would wear it anyway and I think they know that. I would also carry a water bottle, buy a purse, wear incredibly painful shoes, keep my money in a faux croc wallet or anything else as long as it is a shade of purple. Lilac, violet, amethyst, plum, mauve, mulberry... All shades, doesn't matter. If you are looking for a gift for me... Try a purple pen! Purple is my zen color.
  • I fear getting old. Not really old... The 90+ range, that seems kinda cool. But that in between old where I feel irrelevant and my kids no longer get me. The kind of old that keeps you from wearing cute clothes and high heels. That awkward old that is remenicent of the horrible teen years. Too old to do silly, compulsive things, and not old enough to do it any way and get away with it. I don't want to get that kind of old and I have vowed to fight it every step of the way. Until, of course, I can do those things I find hilarious and get away with them because I have earned the right to be silly again.
  • I used to own two ferrets. I really loved them. One died of cancer and I gave the other to a good home. They were my first almost-dog pets. I put myself into incredible debt getting them and refused to discuss the cost with my parents when they asked. Made me feel terribly grown up. Yes, they stunk horribly. No, I was never bitten. And believe it or not, they kept mice away! Probably the stench! Almost kept my husband away!
  • I miss the person I was before I had kids. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my munchkins. They are the reason I get my bones out of bed each morning. But I secretly wonder what I would be like today if that pesky clock hadn't ticked so loud I couldn't hear anything else. Maybe I don't miss who I was, but the thought of who I might have been. Would I have traveled? Would I have stayed in the state I and three other generations of my family have stayed for the last 150 years? Would I have been this crazy? I know I wouldn't love this much! My heart often aches from the love I overwhelmingly receive from my children.

What are your skeletons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin