Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Morning Surprises



I love to surprise my husband with things I rarely do...





  • I rarely bake... But this morning I made waffles.

  • I rarely make breakfast... But this morning I made waffles.

  • I am not a morning person and rarely eat before noon... But this morning I made waffles.

  • I rarely want to move too much on Sunday mornings... But this morning I made waffles.

I love the look on his face and the wariness with which he traverses the kitchen when I do these things... He approaches me like a wild animal he doesn't want to scare off. No sudden moves, or I might abandon the warm vanilla smelling stack of waffles for my computer or a hot bath. Sometimes he tries "helping" which always turns out disastrous, mostly because I yell... I want to be the only butt in our kitchen creating a huge mess! He wants to poke at me, like hubby does, and often giggles on his way back to his couch in the living room. Every now and then he punctuates the morning with encouraging comments from his post in the way of, "MMMMMMM! Smells good, whatever it is!" or "I don't know what I did to deserve it, but you're wonderful!" That's how I like it... Adoration from his perch, while I grin & make homemade triple berry syrup to boot.

Because that's how I roll... Rarely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin