Thursday, June 18, 2009

My new favorite place...

I have these things I do... I get all wonky and I clean one room. That's right, one room. I get crazy and go all Martha on just one room and then I set up camp in there! It is a reaction to feeling very depressed at times and needing a safe place to escape to. Usually, it is here...

I am a sucker for a nice hot bath and a great book! I can sit for an hour or so, until I get so hot I can't stand myself any longer, sipping wine to stay "cool" and just escape...

Well, needless to say, my husband would like me to be a little less pruney! I have been escaping A LOT! So yesterday, in open defiance of Hubby (he has this odd aversion to patio furniture), I bought a little set that I am hoping helps me get that zen-zone feeling without being waterlogged...

It is already a new favorite place! (The tomato plants are a desperate hope for a small garden yield. Up this high, that can be very challenging!) But this little carved out space is so restful. I have been listening to the birds sing all morning, drinking my two morning cups and blogging away. Only the buzz of the crop dusters are slightly irritating.

From my view I can see the horses being turned out for their morning free time and bask in the incredible blue skies with those very wispy white clouds. It is absolutely heavenly. I can still see my computer screen although I have to put up with the reflection of myself in my kind-of-jammies, hat (I have a migraine today... sun=BAD), and sunglasses. Not so appealing, but hey! I'm in a new favorite place!

What do you deem your favorite place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin