Sunday, January 10, 2010

Taking one for the team...


Yup.  I did it.  Took Boy to see Avatar.  I don't know what I watched more, the movie or my son's face in utter awe!  I loved that he loved it.  He was a bit teary after.  Not because of the plot... Even he knew that was weak.  But because it was so hyped and he was so, well - spent, afterwards.  He wanted more.  Like those of us that finish a great book and want more... He wanted to go back and do more....  I can so relate, little man!  I took him because I knew that the others in the fam would not be as appreciative of the time it would take to watch this one.  2 hours and 40 minutes is epic in any man's eyes.  It's a darned good thing that the graphics are astounding and the eye candy abounds!  It is a simple movie, light on plot and very predictable. I went knowing this.  I also went hoping to be amazed at the sights and I was not disappointed.  It was mildly entertaining and I even got over my vow to never have to watch Sigourney Weaver stomp across another contrived role on the big screen.  It was for Boy, after all.  I was again rewarded with a big hug this morning and another thank you!  All worth it!  I'm a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin