Saturday, May 29, 2010

By the Campfire


I have been begging for years, since we moved to the ranch really, for a fire pit.  I have asked to have one dug - that was a no-go...  We have a very large and relatively flat back yard and what if the boys wanted to toss the football around?  They can't be stepping in the hole all the time!  I have asked to purchase a chiminea - The Man hates them...  Can't stand them!  (Have I told you he as an aversion to patio furniture too?)  I have purloined 50 gal metal barrels to make a fire barrel out of...  At last!  It took 5 years, but I have my fire pit!  OK, it is actually a barrel that Shane welded on (Almost blowing himself up in the process... But I digress!) and made me a fire barrel...  I LOVE IT!

Man indulges me by roasting hot dogs and making s'mores with the kids...

Girl marvels at how many times you can "skin" a marshmallow and re-toast the remainder...

Boy relishes burning stuff up...  Although, he is a bit cautious about fire to start with...

All in all, soot on our faces, warm marshmallow goo sticking our fingers together, and laughter shared all around, the fire barrel is a very good thing!

I sincerely hope you are enjoying your summer...  I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin