Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gone Analog... Back soon!

Ah, yes...  There are reasons I have been missing from the blogosphere!  As some may know, I suffer from S.A.D. (aka, Seasonal Affective Disorder) and the winter in Colorado can sometimes drag on well into May...  Thus the late April snow storm you saw here.  Once the snow clears out, however, things get much better for my depression, and since I have resolved not to take meds, I HAVE TO GET OUTSIDE!

So, in light of that (no pun intended), I decided this would be the year that I actually quit talking about a flower garden and put one in!  With some help from a trusted friend (and offers from many others), I trekked off to the Home Depot (a hardware store) and bought some start up stuff to get my feet wet, so to speak.  As you can see from the above picture, I am still rather haphazzard with my tools and my empty flower buckets, but the effect is starting to take hold...

A Grant's mini-rose, almost ready to bloom...

These wonderful, bright and cheery orange jobbies with dark purple centers...  (Apologize for awful cell phone pix...)
Sweet little Innocents...

And many more, that I will not bore you with, since camera is on fritz and cell phone has better pixels anyway.

I have been just as happy as I can be, getting out each morning to spend time on the front porch, watering and listening to the red winged black birds chirp and scold me for being too close to the feeders...

I hope you will forgive me for being so terrible about updating this wonderful little ante-room of my life.  I was out living it and should be able to get my poop in a group to share more of that with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin