Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hippo Birdies to me!


I have finally completed them! I am relieved and excited and so very happy they are done!


These are my invitations to my Birthday Anniversary Party. (What?? I really don't get this chick!) Let me explain before you hit that un-follow button... See, I decided last year, in the midst of a disastrous shopping trip for a new "I feel way younger than 40" dress for my celebration, that I would no longer age. I was mortified that I was caught shopping in the Juniors department for my new couture... None the less, I was trying to avoid the inevitable. So I flat decided this would be the last birthday I had. Not the last celebration - Absolutely not! I love a good party and I am after all Queen of Everything! So there would be parties! Just not aging. No more birthdays that make me feel old and irrelevant. I would gladly celebrate the anniversary of my 40th birthday for the rest of my days, but I am not aging past 40 years old!

So here it is! The first anniversary of my 40th birthday and I am ready to party! After all, I quit aging remember? Well, the invites are spectacular, aren't they?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, we just got ours in the mail yesterday. Love them. Too cute! See you 2mar night for some partyin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make them? And is that your long thumb nail in the lower left hand corner? How do you maintain gorgeous nails on a farm?! AND WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess: yes, I was pitifully late in getting them out... Thus the addage that what one does for one self often goes neglected and undone!

    Liz: The Anniversary of my 40th Birthday is today, October 10th! LOL! I agree, my nails had gotten ridiculously long in that photo! I do them myself most times, which is the only way that I can maintain anything. That and the small fact that I don't do alot of manual labor in the barn. I am the geek behind the scenes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz: oh! And yes, I did make them. I painted the glasses (got em at the dollar store) and made the tags... I do that as business number 3! It feeds my creative side when the round peg in the square hole thing gets to be too much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin